Monday, February 27, 2012

Walking on thick ice - I hope!!

A few weeks ago after school Brent decided to taking the boys ice fishing on the lake just through the woods near our house. Anytime he suggests this as an activity with the boys I kind of cringe a bit & say "are you sure this is a good idea?" He always assures me that the ice is at least 12 inches thick and you could drive a truck out on it. Something I have learned the past few years is I have a major fear of myself (or someone in my family falling through the ice). The kind of fear people have of flying! I mean makes me tense up & have heart palpitations to be out in the middle of a lake on the ice. As you can see by looking at the pictures I'm the only one who has this fear in our family.




So, probably 100 yds out there you see Brent & Luke set up for catching a big one.




I walked down with Quinn & he took off RUNNING on the ice to his Daddy. He was so excited!









Clearly, no fear here.



Isn't he just the cutest?!


I only made it about 40 feet out on the ice & I just could not go any further or watch them out in the middle.

They did not catch a big fish but sure did have fun trying. I'm glad their Dad is building an adventurous spirit in them. God will use that someday I'm sure.






















1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, Lisa, I'm just like you! I don't think I could watch my husband and kids walking on ice - you're braver than me :). Didn't know you had a lake near your house - looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete