Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My latest crafty bug

I recently went to a conference for Moms called Hearts at Home. Great conference btw! Of course there were tons of booths to shop. One of my favorite booths sold all sorts of handmade/sewn items. This is where I discovered Pillowcase Dresses. The ones I saw there were selling for $25+, I thought....I think I could make that. So, I came home and googled it & found an online tutorial on Youtube & I was off. Check out the tutorial here. Now, I'm not a seasoned seamstress. I can mend things, sew a straight line that's about it. Turns out thats all you need to know to make these cute dresses.


Yes, I realize I have boys. That's why these photos are dresses on hangers. I had no idea these were so popular. Now, I have a sweet gift to make for all the little girls in our life :) You can do it too!







This was the first one. Our friend Sammy was the recipient. She loved it.





For our cousin Maddy, I think it will be so cute on her.





This is my favorite one. I love the little birds & trees.



So, even if you don't really sew. Give this a try. It was really fun to make & looks like you did something fancy. Oh yea, bought all of my fabric on sale at Joann Fabrics. They always have a sale or great coupon out there.











1 comment:

  1. Lisa!!!!!! These are sooo cute. I just finished my last project (a Shutterfly book), so I am totally going to attempt one of these next. I may be calling you;). I am very impressed. These are adorable.
    -Kelli M.

    ReplyDelete